Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Flickrslidr Show :) McGrath

Hi everyone! Here is my slide show of McGrath. I am not sure how to insert words onto the photos for descriptions, other then what I did on Flickr. The blue buildings are actually a few offices in one. Our City is there, as well as the clinic, washateria, jail,and the State Trooper's office. The building with the flag is our post office. The blue house with the old truck is mine :). I have included two historical buildings and those would be our taverns. One is Joe's Bar and the other is McGuire's. They were both built in the 1940s. Eep Anderson is the owner of McGuire's and I was able to get him to pose for their picture. There is an old joke that we have here and that is for every bar we need one more church. Well, I have included 2 of the three churches we have here too! We have a cafe here that I have included it is the picture with the white door. We have three stores, and I have included two, you can probably guess which ones they are. We have two nice bed and breakfasts, which I have included only one of. One nice feature the Hotel B&B has is a Barista! I have included the School (the dark blue building) and a picture of the 8 Ball Teen Center. Two of the building that I spend a lot of time in are UAF Interior Aleutians Campus (the building with the huge oil tank next to it) and KSKO (where I work) the picture with the red car in front. Well, I hope you enjoy the slide show about McGrath!



Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

1 comment:

skipvia said...

Great slide show! I was in McGrath years ago (when John Monahan was superintendent) doing some inservices for the district. I had an excellent meal at the restaurant in your picture. I stayed at a HUGE bed and breakfast--perhaps the one in your picture, but I think it was even a bit larger, and I don't remember the restaurant being part of it. What I remember most about it was that it seemed to have room after room after room...

I also spent a couple of days in Takotna. I was very impressed with the principal there (don't remember his name) and the students that I met. They were working on building a downhill ski area. Did that ever get built?

Anyway--great slide show. Thanks for sharing your town with us.