Thursday, August 16, 2007

Community Message Board HOT HOT HOT

Hi everyone! I sure miss seeing you all, and the feeling of strength when we were all together. It is difficult being back home and facing some of the school politics alone. I do have some of a support group. I started a discussion on our message board www.mcgrathalaska.net you hit message board once you get there if your interested. In any case it initially started off with my posting the web site for the AYP report as it was released last week. The whole thing spiraled into people in our community and others venting their frustration with the IASD. I did contact the State yesterday to ask for advice as far as 8th graders and credit and what to do when your district won't listen. It seems local power is key. Find people to run for the board that will represent your parents and not back down to politics.

Anyways if you get a chance, check out the message board. Our community put it together to communicate and as you can see it has also been serving as a venting piece. LOL, f.y.i. shortly after my second posting responding to the messanger the Assistant District Super Intendant left a message on my phone saying next time I should contact their office first before going to the message board. It wasn't a nice message to say the least.

It just goes to say if your not doing anything no one will talk about you, the minute you try you get faced with opposition. But, look at all the people that responded to my thread on the message board. We can make a difference!

2 comments:

skipvia said...

GO NOEL!!! You started an excellent thread that seems to have allowed (forced?) the community to face some very important issues about McGrath HS. I wish every community had someone like you to keep the heat turned up and to force people out of their complacent resignation to how things are.

Keep it up. Start a blog on the topic and make sure the AK DEED knows the URL to it. It sounds like there are some very important changes that need to be made.

heatherstoss said...

Noel, I read your message board. Way to go! Very thought provoking.