Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Power Point and Inspiration

(I took this picture moose hunting-I love crisp Fall days)
Good Day! Hello, it has been a really exciting last couple of days working on Power Point and Inspiration. Power Point I have used before, but I have always just stayed with the basics. It has been good for me to be forced to use tools I haven't before such as creating an arrow and giving it animation. I may use Power Point with my kids in the future for a presentation or just to teach them how to use it for their presentations, and I know for sure I will use it with my side work.

Inspiration has been new to me, with the exception of the module work I did to get here. I can see using it as a tool for students to create outlines for their writings or class presentations. I have seen 5th graders suffer trying to put their ideas in order and this is such a wonderful tool to help them brain storm, group their ideas, hit the outline tool, and TADAH!!! I would also use this to give presentations because the students could follow my pattern and I could use the link tool to show them example of whatever we are studying. You could use this software for any academic area. Even language. We could show a word, play the word, and bring up a source online.




No comments: